Monday, November 19, 2007

Beach Weather


It's getting cold outside! This is when I wish it was still summer and I could walk around in my shorts and a t-shirt all day and night; nary a shiver coursing through my body. Usually, I'm excited by the cold but this year is different. Why? Because I remember last year, shovelling through 10 feet of snow in front of my house. Avalanches falling off the roof and blocking me in... my driveway needing to be plowed two or three times a day... and still getting stuck! All this is why we decided to close the house down for the winter, which makes me sad to think we won't be going up for three months. Our house is my retreat from this crazy city and what will I do without it? Sounds like we'll finally visit our friends in LA this winter! Yay!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I hope we're the LA friends you're going to visit- but we might have snow here too!