Thursday, October 11, 2007

Swirling minds want to know



This is how my head feels as of late. I am in the midst of searching for a new job, one that I will enjoy, has flexible hours and will pay me enough to feel good about getting that paycheck every week. Sound impossible? It's starting to feel impossible but I know there's something out there! I attempted to leave the artworld, thinking that would be the right thing for me... turns out that is a frightening proposition! The corporate world is very scary in a way I can't quite explain but I think it has something to do with a loss of freedom or one's identity.

My new approach is looking into not-for-profit arts organizations. I want to do something that makes me feel good and will help others. And I like the idea of helping artists, myself included. Am also grappling with the idea of starting my own company, working with artists on fun projects. I dont' want to go into too much detail but it's definitely appealling but also a little bit daunting. I am working on getting over my fear and just diving into being self-employed. If anyone out there would like to donate money to this cause, please feel free to contact me directly.

No comments: